Oncology Massage Course
Here are some highlights about what you will take away from attending the cancer massage course:
This course focuses on developing your understanding of common conditions of cancer and how this will influence your work as an oncology massage therapist. It will include how to modify your massage techniques along with learning some new ones specific to a variety of cancer conditions. Included in the full qualification is scar work related to this field of work as well as home care advice that will have a positive impact and support your manual therapy.
You will be given the opportunity to put into practice what you have learnt on the cancer massage course within real life conditions, providing a massage session that takes your clients through the assessment, planning and application process along with suitable home care suggestions.
It is an exciting time to be a part of the ever increasing acceptance and growing demand for qualified oncology massage therapists.
I look forward to working with you.
Here's how it works
- The Online-Only oncology course teaches you the technical information (needs to be completed if you plan to go onto the following course days but is offered as a stand alone).
- Day 1 Practical Oncology Massage - This will teach you how to modify your manual therapy based on real life case studies for common cancer conditions.
- Day 2 Practical Oncology Massage - This will include a clinical session working with oncology clients as well as developing your manual techniques to include advanced soft tissue work.
- Days 3 & 4 Oncology Scar Massage - This is a two-day scar workshop that is specific to oncology; day two will include a practical session with a client. If you have prior scar massage tuition you will be considered for exemption.
- Day 5 Practical Oncology Massage - This focuses on advancing your soft tissue skills, providing home care suggestions specific to your cancer clients and covering rehabilitation principles. Included in the day is a your final clinical cancer massage workshop which will integrate all that you have learnt with end of day case study discussions.
- Assessment for Certification is included in Day 5 - This is true only if you have done the Scar Massage workshop or an equivalent course, if you haven't done this you can book this assessment separately at a later date for a nominal fee.